Car accidents can occur extremely quickly. In some cases, you may not even be sure of what exactly happened. This can make a car accident lawsuit very difficult. Luckily, you may be able to enlist the help of an expert. Read on to learn more about car accident reconstruction and how it can help your personal injury case.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction involves using an expert to examine the details of the accident in order to determine the events that lead up to the accident and how it occurred. There are various methods used to do so, including the following:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Who Could Need an Accident Reconstruction?
Not all car accident cases require reconstruction, but there are situations in which injured parties can benefit from doing so. This includes those who are facing the following circumstances:
- They do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help a Case?
Through car accident reconstruction, an expert can study the case and rebuild the scene in order to uncover a variety of details about the accident and how it happened. This can include the following:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact our firm to speak with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
If you have been the victim of the negligence of another in an accident, please contact my office as quickly as possible following the subject accident. It is important to consult with us early on so that we may begin the process of fighting for your rights in regard to any potential claim that you may have. The process is complicated and requires the expertise of a qualified New Jersey personal injury attorney. CONTACT US TODAY!