Pursuing legal action after being involved in a personal injury accident can often seem daunting. Many times, people hesitate to move forward with a claim, as they are unsure of what to expect. It is because of this that an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney can guide you throughout this process. This begins by attending an initial consultation to discuss your case. It is important to be prepared for this ahead of time so that you can get the most out of your case. Continue reading below to learn more.
What Should I Bring to my First Meeting?
Before going into your first meeting with a personal injury attorney, it is important that you are prepared. This can be done by collecting all necessary information regarding your case to the attorney so that they can have a thorough understanding of the situation. This can consist of documents and evidence relating to the accident and injuries you sustained. This can include:
- Pictures or videos of the accident
- Medical documents outlining the origin and extent of your injuries
- Police reports filed at the scene of the accident
- Your health insurance information
- Your auto insurance information, if applicable
- The contact information of any witnesses to the accident, including business cards, phone numbers, emails
- Any expenses you have undertook as a result of the accident, such as lost wages or hefty medical bills
Will my Attorney Ask me Other Questions?
There is not a “one size fits all” approach to handling a personal injury case, as each one is different from one another. It is because of that the questions an attorney may ask can vary. However, there are certain questions that you can be expected to be asked during this time, such as:
- How/where did the accident happen?
- How are you feeling now?
- Are you currently employed?
- Were you involved in an accident in the past? Was it your fault?
- Have you contacted yours or the negligent party’s insurance company regarding the accident?
Contact our Firm
If you have been the victim of the negligence of another in an automobile accident, please contact my office as quickly as possible following the subject accident. It is important to consult with us early on so that we may begin the process of fighting for your rights in regard to any potential claim that you may have. The process is complicated and requires the expertise of a qualified New Jersey personal injury attorney. CONTACT US TODAY!