There are many types of negligent behaviors that can cause a car accident in New Jersey. Unfortunately, car accidents can result in life-long physical, emotional, and financial burdens for the injured party. If you were injured as a result of another’s negligence, do not hesitate to contact our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys to discuss your case. At Lutz Law, we are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in New Jersey?
There are many different causes of a car accident in New Jersey. Below are the 5 most common causes that you should be aware of:
- Texting while driving: Today, people have become more dependent and addicted to their mobile devices and technology. If you use your phone while driving, severe life-threatening events can take place.
- Speeding while driving: Many fatal car accidents could have been less critical if drivers drove slower. In several cases, crashes could be avoided entirely. Speeding limits a driver’s ability to maintain control of their vehicle. Make sure you are complying and abiding by the speed limit at all times.
- Drinking and driving: Alcohol is one of the first causes of car accidents each day. A person’s ability to safely drive their car drops significantly after they’ve had alcohol. From a legal and safety standpoint, drinking and driving is never worth it.
- Distractions while driving: Messing around with the middle console of your car to adjust settings or to change the radio station can cause you to take your eyes off of the road. These disturbances can result in serious outcomes. Be sure to keep your eyes on the road and reduce as many distractions as possible when driving.
- Weather conditions: The chances of getting into a car accident drastically increases when the weather is bad. Rain, snow, and ice cause the roads to be slick, resulting in the chance of losing control of your vehicle. Be cautious when the weather is bad, and if possible, stay off the roads.
Can I file a personal injury claim?
If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another motorist’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the burdens you have endured. Contact our experienced New Jersey personal injury firm today to discuss your situation and learn more about your options.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
If you have been the victim of the negligence of another in an accident, please contact my office as quickly as possible following the subject accident. It is important to consult with us early on so that we may begin the process of fighting for your rights in regard to any potential claim that you may have. The process is complicated and requires the expertise of a qualified New Jersey personal injury attorney. CONTACT US TODAY!