If you were injured in a stairwell as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact Lutz Injury Law today to speak with one of our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys about the specifics of your case and how we can best help you.
What are the common causes of stairwell accidents in New Jersey?
There are many different ways that stairwell accidents can occur in New Jersey, however, most of them are tied to negligence. The most common causes of stairwell accidents include the following:
- Insufficiently lit stairwells
- Damaged stairs
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Defective or broken railings
- Lack of security
What should I do if I was injured in a stairwell?
If you were injured as a result of negligence in a stairwell, it is important that you obtain as much evidence as possible following your accident. If you are able, take these steps:
- Call 911 – the police will file an accident report and dispatch an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the hazardous conditions that caused the accident and your injuries sustained as a result.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses to the scene of the accident. They may be able to verify your version of the events.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for medical documentation that points to the origin and severity of your injuries. This will be key evidence in your future personal injury claim.
- Retain the services of an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney that can help you obtain further evidence that can be an important component in your case. An attorney will also walk you through the claims process and ensure you are meeting all of the important deadlines.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in New Jersey?
The statute of limitations in New Jersey is two years for most personal injury claims. This means that if you fail to file your stairwell accident claim within two years from the date of your accident, you will not only lose the chance to file completely, but you will also miss out on recovering the compensation that you deserve.
Do not wait to reach out to an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney today. Our firm is committed to ensuring that you are promptly filing your claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
If you have been the victim of the negligence of another in an accident, please contact my office as quickly as possible following the subject accident. It is important to consult with us early on so that we may begin the process of fighting for your rights in regard to any potential claim that you may have. The process is complicated and requires the expertise of a qualified New Jersey personal injury attorney. CONTACT US TODAY!