Motorcycle accidents can cause severe injury and life-long burdens. That is why it is critical that you and have a skilled New Jersey personal injury attorney on your side. Contact Lutz Injury Law today to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How do motorcycle accidents in New Jersey occur?
There are several causes of motorcycle accidents. In some cases, they can occur as a result of inclement weather conditions, poorly maintained roads, or faulty mechanical parts. However, more commonly, the causes of motorcycle accidents are typically driver negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence that our firm has seen include the following:
- Driving while sleepy or fatigued
- Unsafely changing lanes
- Ignoring blind spots
- Disregarding traffic lights, signs, or all other rules and regulations of the road
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Is a motorcyclist covered under personal injury protection in New Jersey?
In the state of New Jersey, motorcyclists are not covered under personal injury protection. Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, is a no-fault insurance policy that covers medical expenses and lost wages after an accident. If you are not covered under PIP, you will likely have to pay your own way, unless you have your own health insurance or are able to collect damages from the person that caused your accident. Regardless, you should retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney to ensure that you and your future are protected.
Can I recover compensation after a motorcycle accident?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident and would like to pursue legal action and recover compensation for your burdens, you will need to fulfill the burden of proof. This means that you will need to provide as much evidence as possible pointing to another’s negligence. Be sure to take the following steps immediately after your accident, if you are able:
- Call the authorities. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, as it can help your case. In some instances, motorcyclists might wear bodycams so that they have the footage in the event that an accident occurs.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney that can help you obtain more evidence that can be key to your claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
If you have been the victim of the negligence of another in an accident, please contact my office as quickly as possible following the subject accident. It is important to consult with us early on so that we may begin the process of fighting for your rights in regard to any potential claim that you may have. The process is complicated and requires the expertise of a qualified New Jersey personal injury attorney. CONTACT US TODAY!